I adore the seasons, all of them, even if my favourite is Autumn. I love that just as one season is coming to an end, I’m perfectly ready for the new one to arrive. The change is good for me; I am refreshed by the shift in the air, the temperature, the mood and all that they represent.
I always try to make the most of what makes each season unique, so as spring approaches (and to me, spring is March-May), here are a few ways to make sure spring and all that it brings, is enjoyed in the moment.
- Food & Drink: Elderflower cordial on a picnic
- Bake: Mini-egg cupcakes & creme egg brownies
- Places to visit: Northern Ireland, New York and Paris
- Decorate the house with tulips and daffodils
- Go to see some lambs
- Visit a garden centre and plant something new in a windowsill box
- Take a photo under a cherry blossom tree
- Empty your handbag and restock only with what you need, not what you’ve accumulated!
- Do a spring clear-out (if not a spring clean!)
- Put on some wellies and splash in puddles