I used to be incredibly goal orientated. Truth is, I still am, but with a 2 month old baby, achieving those goals has become increasingly difficult – even the simple ones. I used to get so much done each day, let alone each week or month. I loved the focus and the sense of accomplishment.
Being a Mama has taught me so many new things. Some of those things are:
- the importance of being in the moment,
- that small, simple tasks can be a real achievement and
- that getting everything ticked off a list can’t be the source of my satisfaction.
June is half way through and we’re off on holiday next week so I’m looking ahead to July to some simple things that I’d like to do that are almost entirely centred on wellbeing:
- Drink 2 litres of water a day (with this bottle which makes drinking water surprisingly enjoyable!)
- Successfully plan friend’s hen do
- Do a Quiet Time every day, no matter how short
- Start a new book
- Consciously look for ways to serve others
- Review 6 month New Year goals
- Start Tae Bo
- Keep up to speed with CBT course
- Invite someone round for dinner and plan a really fun meal that gets me back in the kitchen (including aperitif!)
We will see how it goes!