My favourite season of all is fast approaching. For me, Autumn (September to November) is the perfect temperature, the perfect speed of life and the anniversary of me meeting my hubby. For me, Autumn is synonymous with joy. If you’ve lived life in the moment in spring and summer, here are a few ways to make sure the delight of this new season doesn’t pass you by.
- Food & Drink: Pumpkin spiced lattes & Butternut squash… everything!
- Bake: Chocolate torte with autumn leaves
- Places to visit: New England
- Walks, walks, walks
- Splash in puddles (who says this has to be confined to spring?)
- Wake up early and go for a sunrise walk
- Drink Baileys hot chocolate while watching November 5th fireworks
- Make S’mores
- Gather acorns and pine cones ready for Christmas decorations
- Take a photo surrounded by Autumn leaves – or throw them in the air!
Probably because a school calendar is hardwired in my brain, Autumn for me is still a time for new beginnings, a hopeful fresh start as the temperature too becomes fresher. We’ll see if any new challenges or opportunities arise for this favoured season.